Terms & Conditions
HorseTeacher.com User Agreement
This User Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms for your use as a member of Horseteacher.com website.
All Visitors to our website are being tracked and your IP address & stats is recorded.
Horseteacher.com may amend this Agreement at any time by posting the amended terms on the Website. Changes take effect immediately when such changes are posted on the Website.
While using the Website, you agree that you will not:
- transmit any message, information, data, text, software or images, or other content (“Material”) that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or otherwise objectionable that may invade another’s right to privacy or publicity;
- post or transmit any Material that you do not have a right to reproduce, display or transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited;
- use the Website if you are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from the Website;
- delete or revise any Material posted by any other person or entity or in any way interfere with other user’s listings;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content (including personal information) Material;
- post, transmit, or distribute any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation or any non-resume information such as opinions or notices, commercial or otherwise;
- engage in the use, copying, or distribution of Material of third parties obtained through the Website for any commercial purposes;
- post, transmit or distribute any Material that contains a virus or corrupted data or any other technologies that may harm this Website, or the interests or property of users;
- circumvent, disable or interfere with security-related features of the Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Website or the Content therein;
- upload or transmit any Material that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- copy, modify, or distribute content from this Website and Horseteacher.com’s copyrights and trademarks; or
- manipulate or otherwise display the Website by using framing or similar navigational technology;
- use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots”, “spiders”, or “offline readers” that accesses the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the Website servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent.
While using the Website you agree that you will:
- comply with terms and conditions of this Agreement and all applicable local, national and international laws and regulations.
- Horseteacher.com reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Website at any time.
The content of the Website, except all Material, including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and the like (“Content”) and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”), are owned by or licensed to Horseteacher.com, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law. Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purpose without the prior written consent of the respective owners.
When you transmit, post, upload or otherwise display your Material, you grant HorseTeacher.com a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, sub-licensed and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform the Material in connection with the Website (copyright, publicity, and database rights that you have in the content, in any media known now or in the future), including for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Website. You also hereby grant each user of the Website a non-exclusive license to access your Material through the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Material as permitted through the Website and under this Agreement.
You may access Material and Content solely:
- for your information and personal use as intended through the normal functioning of the Website; and
- for contemporaneous digital transmission of an audiovisual work via the Internet for the Website to a user’s device in such a manner that the data is intended for real-time viewing and not intended to be copied, stored, permanently downloaded, or redistributed by the user (“Streaming”). Accessing Material for any purpose or in any manner other than Streaming is prohibited.
- You acknowledge that Horseteacher.com may not pre-screen content but that HorseTeacher.com shall have the right in their sole discretion to refuse to publish or remove any content that is available on the Website. Without limiting the foregoing, HorseTeacher.com in its sole discretion shall have the right to remove any content that violates any provision of this Agreement or is otherwise objectionable.
- You understand that whether or not Material is published, HorseTeacher.com does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Material.
- You shall be solely responsible for your own Material and the consequences of publishing or posting them.
- Horseteacher.com does not endorse any Material or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein.
- HorseTeacher.com reserves the right to decide whether Material is appropriate and complies with this Agreement, for violations other than copyright infringement, such as, pornography, obscene or defamatory material HorseTeacher.com may remove Material without prior notice and at its sole discretion.
- The Website may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Horseteacher.com. Horseteacher.com has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content or practices of any third party website. HorseTeaceher.com will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party website. By using the Website, you expressly relieve HorseTeacher.com from any and all liability arising from your use of the third-party website.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Material infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
If you believe that your Material that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your Material, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the Material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit HorseTeacher.com to locate the Material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Horseteacher.com to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the Material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- HorseTeacher.com’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is email@example.com. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 5(D), your DMCA notice may not be valid.
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the Material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the Material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Material; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Oregon, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
- If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, HorseTeacher.com may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed Material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Material provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at HorseTeacher.com’s sole discretion.
Neither HorseTeacher.com nor anyone associated with HorseTeacher.com assumes any responsibility for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, integrity or intellectual property rights of or relating to Material on the Website. Any use of, or actions taken, based upon any of the information contained on this Website is done entirely at your own risk. You understand that the internet contains unedited materials some of which are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable and you agree to waive and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against HorseTeacher.com with respect thereto and agree to indemnify and hold Horseteacher.com including its officers, directors, employees and members, affiliates and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all the matters related to your use of the Website. You access such materials at your own risk. HorseTeacher.com has no control over the content posted and accepts no responsibility whatsoever for such materials.
Severability of Provisions
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision set forth in this Agreement shall not affect the other provisions of this Agreement, which shall be construed in all respects as if such invalid or unenforceable provisions were omitted or modified (consistent with the expressed intention of the parties hereto) to the extent necessary to make such provision valid and enforceable.
No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and HorseTeacher.com’s failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
You agree that you will not hold HorseTeacher.com, its directors, officers, employees or members responsible for other users’ actions or inactions, including things they post.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release HorseTeacher.com, including its officers, directors, employees, and members, from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless HorseTeacher.com, including its officers, directors, employees and members, from any and all liability, penalties, losses, damages, costs, expenses, causes of action, claim, circumstance or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party caused, due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement, the service provided by you, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement. The parties hereto acknowledge and agree that nothing contained herein is intended to create, or shall be construed as creating, an agency, joint venture or partnership between the parties, or between any party and the Licensor. The parties further agree not to refer to the other, in promotional material or otherwise, in any capacity which would imply the existence of such a relationship.
This Agreement shall be governed, enforced and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Oregon. Ability to Accept Agreement You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age or possess legal parental or guardian consent and are able and competent to enter into this Agreement. For all website-related issues, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Cancellation Policies
Clinic Cancellation Policies
Payment Policy: An approved completed application with $100 deposit representing fees will reserve your clinic spot. Payment in full will be due on the morning of the clinic start date, BEFORE the start of the clinic.
Cancellation Policy: Steve Rother Horsemanship reserves the right to cancel a course due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. Such decisions will be made at least four weeks before the scheduled course date. If a course is cancelled you will be entitled to a full refund or the option to transfer to another date.
Transfer Fee: Transfers (used within a year) will be allowed if your clinic spot can be filled. If your clinic spot cannot be filled the deposit will not be transferred or refunded.
Refund Policy: Deposits are non-refundable (no matter the circumstance).
School of Horse – Course Conditions
- Course Transfers: A camp may be transferred to a different date (within the same year). However, we must be notified about the transfer at least 4 weeks prior to the start date.
- Refund Policy: A non-refundable $200 administration fee will be deducted from the deposit for cancellations (no matter the circumstance). The remainder of the deposit can be used toward a future clinic, camp and/or dvds (only). If a cancellation happens within 4 weeks of the start date, the whole deposit will be forfeited, but the remaining balance will be refunded.
Spectators are not permitted at the camps.
- Approval Policy: Acceptance is subject to application review and approval. A full refund will be given if application cannot be accepted. Application Form must accompany booking
- Earlybird priced courses: Full payment must be received by the due date.
- Personal Photos: Photos are meant to be for your personal use only, not for commercial purposes or public viewing. You are not authorized to publish or display any photos taken of Steve, Francesca, the interns or any one else or anything at Horse Creek Ranch without permission from Rother Horsemanship.
- Video is NOT permitted
- Cancellation Policy: Rother Horsemanship reserves the right to cancel a course due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. Such decisions will be made at least four weeks before the scheduled course date. If a course is cancelled, you will be entitled to a full refund or the option to transfer.
- Other Course Policies: No dogs permitted. Helmets must be worn by anyone in the Internship program. Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age, (unless accompanied by a legal guardian), and must wear a helmet.
Rother Horsemanship Products: Return & Warranty Information
- If you need to return/exchange an item please call or email (under contact info). Returns must be unused.
- There will be no refunds/returns on items past 30 days.
- Our limited warranty covers defects in craftsmanship and/or materials. It is valid for 30 days from the date of purchase.
- Halters are not adjustable. Untying of any knots voids the warranty. Please call or email us with any questions or concerns regarding the knots and sizes.
- Please send a copy of your invoice, as proof of purchase with any return.
- Final decisions regarding condition, restocking fee, and reimbursement are at the discretion of the warranty department.
- All clearance items are final sales and cannot be returned.